K-Town Play-by-Post Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food is the most important meal of the day.

Roll DiceHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jill Chapter 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:06 pm

"Ragna! Come with haste! A force has gathered at our gates"
That was the call, and you have responded, only to see your guardsmen slain in their post. Soldiers in shoddy armor stand over their bodies.

A large man holding a waraxe screams to you:
"AH, Ragna! Excellent, I am Gronk the Sunderer! I challenge you in the right of combat in order to obtain your kingdom! If you refuse I shall hunt you as a coward!"

His force is large, and beside him is a woman, riding a Tiger, she is the only amongst them that seems conflicted. The rest grab their blades with eager eyes.

Jill Chapter 1 VRMOzrW
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 12:07 am

Ragna held back, glancing over the army as if to determine if they were worth her time. From behind her, the archer Asta yelled back, "You dare to challenge Ragna the Cunning, Daughter of Isleif, leader of the Mistriven armies? You must be full of ale to think you can win in such a combat!"

(Before we begin the battle proper, do you mind explaining how you want to do combat in this setting? (I always imagined that we would use roll20) As well, is this going to be laid out similar to the actual FE game combat? ie, we can view the match up between combatants before actually committing to the action?)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 3:28 am

[To the first question, you state your intended moves and I resolve them, though if you'd rather just knock this out in an afternoon, we can try and schedule that too.

To the second, absolutely. Infact, you even can tell from scanning that the lady on the Tiger is a named unit with a unique portait.
]
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 9:38 am

(Okay cool. While it is tempting to do this in one go, I worry that life might get in the way again. Also, seeing as I am the first person to do it this way, I say we stick with it to make sure it works.

I don't have the time at the moment to check the files on my computer, but did I ever get the stat files for my fighters? I only recall having Ragna's...)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:08 pm

Ragna
Class: Lord
HP: 18, Growth: 75%
Strength: 7, Growth: 50%
Skill: 6, Growth: 50%
Speed: 5, Growth: 45%
Luck: 5, Growth: 35%
Defense: 7, Growth: 60%
Resistance: 2, Growth: 30%
Move: 5
Con: 5
Starting Package: Iron Axe, Vulnerary

Vita
Class: Cleric
HP: 16, Growth: 50%
Magic: 4, Growth: 50%
Skill: 4, Growth: 25%
Speed: 7, Growth: 40%
Luck: 6, Growth: 60%
Defense: 2, Growth: 15%
Resistance: 7, Growth: 40%
Con: 5
Starting Package: Heal, Vulnerary

Asta
Class: Archer
HP: 17, Growth: 75%
Strength: 6, Growth: 75%
Skill: 5, Growth: 50%
Speed: 5, Growth: 40%
Luck: 6, Growth: 40%
Defense: 5, Growth: 20%
Resistance: 0, Growth: 25%
Con: 6
Starting Package: Iron Bow, Vulnerary

Grimhildr
Class: Paladin
HP: 31, Growth: 65%
Strength: 15, Growth: 30%
Skill: 15, Growth: 50%
Speed: 11, Growth: 25%
Luck: 8, Growth: 30%
Defense: 10, Growth: 15%
Resistance: 8 Growth: 35%
Move: 8
Con: 11
Starting Package: Iron Sword, Iron Lance, Steel Sword, Steel Lance
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:36 pm

(Yay thank you! Let the combat begin!)

Ragna glanced over at the woman riding the Tiger. The man with the waraxe was like every other man with a waraxe she had encountered. What was more interesting to Ragna was why this woman appeared more hesitant at the prospect of combat, when it was easily apparent that her comrades felt very differently. Wanting to learn more about this woman, Ragna stepped forward, axe in hand.

"If it is a fight you want, it is a fight you will get. No one gets away with implying that I am a coward!"
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:14 pm

(I'll try to keep this simple, but we might want to consider putting a grid system on, so that I can just call out what square the character will end on, like B12 or E5)

Grimhildr will move up 3 squares and over to the left 2 sqaures.
Ragna will move up 2 squares and over to the left 3 squares.
Asta will move up 2 squares and over to the left 2 sqaures.
Vita will move 1 square over to the left and up 3 squares.

If I did it right, it should look like this:

Jill Chapter 1 Moveme11
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 7:28 pm

[Sorry about the delay! Life was crazy for a bit, should be slow for at least a few more days! :p]
The woman riding the tiger looks at Ragna with an intense gaze, but doesn't move.
"Alright boys, there ain't many of them, an' they're jus' women, so only you in the front need to advance!"
Jill Chapter 1 Af5hriT
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 10:58 pm

(Two things. 1, do we have access to the buddy system that was introduced in Awakening or is each unit on their own? 2, can I get a preview of the enemies to the left and up from Grim?)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 12:25 am

1) nope, this is GBA system simplified.
2) Yeah, I'll get you a read out of their stats in a bit.
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 1:45 am

Asta looked over at Ragna. "This bookah must be full of ale if he thinks he can win just because we are 'women'."
"He has obviously never faced the warriors of Mistriven before," Ragna replied. "Keep together and fall back; let these bastards come to us for now..."

Jill Chapter 1 Af5hri12

Grimhildr will move 4 squares right, 3 squares up, and 1 square left.
Vita will move 3 squares right and 2 squares up.
Ragna will move 3 squares left and 2 squares up.
Asta will move 2 squares right and 2 squares up.

(Hey, are those weird heart shaped things on the map enemies? With the sprites being as small as they are is it hard to tell.)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:19 am

[Maybe? If it is red, it is an enemy.

You might be seeing the theives.
]
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 1:45 pm

[Going through the trees as listed with Grimhildr would've cost you extra move, and made your destination impossible, she can however, make it to that spot by avoiding the trees, and I assumed you wanted that to happen.]

"Quick! Cut the archer down while she's unprotected!" Barked the bandit leader. The frontline of bandits charges forwards, and the soldier reaches Asta and takes a swing!
...And misses!

"Tsk, real elite warriors you got there." Scorned the woman on the tiger.
"Fine! Why don't you show them how it's done?" Challenged the bandit leader, prompting her to move towards Ragna's group!

Meanwhile, in the confusion of the battle, a thief pilfers a vulnerary from the chest in the leftmost gaurd tower!

Jill Chapter 1 YzPSL71

Enemy Unit stats:

Brigands:
HP: 18
Strength: 5
Skill: 1
Speed: 1
Luck: 2
Defense: 2
Resistance: 0
Con: 10
Items: Iron Axe

Soldiers:
HP: 15
Strength: 4
Skill: 4
Speed: 3
Luck: 0
Defense: 2
Items: Iron Lance

Thieves:
HP: 10
Strength: 3
Skill: 5
Speed: 5
Luck: 1
Defense: 0
Move: 6
Con: 6
Items: Iron Dagger

Jill Chapter 1 QqXPqYD
Chiara:
HP: 20, Growth: 85%
Strength: 6, Growth: 40%
Skill: 6, Growth: 50%
Speed: 7, Growth: 45%
Luck: 2, Growth: 20%
Defense: 5, Growth: 25%
Resistance: 1, Growth: 25%
Move: 7
Con: 9
Items: Iron Sword, Iron Lance, Vulnerary

Bandit Leader:
HP: 32
Strength: 10
Skill: 7
Speed: 3
Luck: 2
Defense: 6
Items: Iron Axe
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Ragna kept an eye on the tiger-mounted woman before moving forward to strike the soldier that tried to attack Asta. Asta fell back a step before turning and attacking the soldier.

Meanwhile, Grimhildr moved forward to strike at one of the thieves while Vita, knowing that her place was not in combat, fell back behind the nearby tree.

Movements:
Ragna: 1 left and attack soldier
Asta: 1 right and attack soldier
Grim: 2 left and attack thief
Vita: 1 down, 3 right, and 1 up (should place her at the lower right corner of the tree).

Jill Chapter 1 Moveme10

(Next question: do we roll for attacks or is that something you do for us? The PDF you sent only seems to mention advantages and disadvantages for weapon types. Also, yeah, let me know if moves I make don't work.)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Ragna swings with her axe at weapon triangle advantage, depleting 14 of the soldier's 15 HP Ragna gains 10 EXP from doing damage. Asta steps back and... Misses. Grimhildr charges one forward and attacks with... I guess her sword is the default? (Declare if you want her to not use her sword) She misses.  Jill Chapter 1 1847242052 Vita safely backs up into trees, receiving their benefit!

The nearly dead soldier swings at Asta, but misses. His buddies Soldier 2 and Bandit do the same. The thief that Ragna swung at tries to hide behind his buddies, while the thief from the woods sneaks into your gaurdhouse. The back line of bandits advances a small amount, but does not charge in. The thief who stole your vulernaries leaves the gaurdhouse and looks eagerly towards the exit and safety of his buddies.
Jill Chapter 1 P0SPh26
[Note that the areas cropped out still exist, I just wanted to keep the image as focused as I could.]
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:28 am

(Right, forgot that Grim had multiple weapons on hand.)

Asta moves to get a better shot before firing on the bandit. With the shot off, Ragna moves between the bandit and Asta to attack the nearly dead soldier. Grim comes down from the guardhouse and attacks the bandit (staying with sword). Vita remains where she is, watching from a distance.

Movement:
Asta moves 1 left and 2 up, attacking the bandit.
Ragna moves 1 right, attacking solder 1.
Grim moves 3 down, attacking the bandit.
Vita moves 1 up (if this is not allowed, can she remain in place for this round?).

Jill Chapter 1 Moveme11

(Question: so where do daggers fit into you weapon triangles?)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 5:40 am

[Daggers are treated like swords for triangle purpose in the Fire Emblem games. Asta's starting move was impossible because the soldier was in the way, so I did Ragna's first.]
Ragna steps forwards and finishes off the Soldier, gaining another 20 EXP! Jill Chapter 1 3061233058
Asta steps over the soldier's corpse and fires an arrow at the bandit! ....And misses!
Grimhildr commands her wolf to charge down the bandit so she can chop him up! ...Narrowly missing with her sword!
Vita retreats further (moving through hindering cost 1 extra, so Vita has ample move to retreat!)

The bandit and thief both go around your heavy hitters and try to flank Asta, both miss!
The thief in the top most gaurd tower loots that chest and steals a Javelin!
The soldier breaks off and heads for Vita!
Chiara charges in, but hesitates and does not attack Ragna!
The escaping thief continues to run away!

Jill Chapter 1 JXzJjvk
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Grimhildr rushes over to the soldier, attacking him with her lance, while Vita moves further into the trees. With the woman closer, Ragna moves slightly to engage her, allowing Asta to move away from her attackers.

"You seem out of place with these bandits," she remarked. "You had ample room to attack but hesitated... Why is that?"

Movement:
Grim moves 4 right and attacks the soldier.
Ragna moves 1 down and 1 left, talking with Chiara.
Asta moves 3 down and 1 left.
Vita moves 1 back.

Jill Chapter 1 Moveme12

(I wasn't sure about that move, since it seems possible in the actual games, and the PDF doesn't mention moving through opponents. Also, is it possible to move into the trees or just along the edges?)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 8:41 am

Grimhildr charges the soldier with her sword! ...And misses! The soldier goes to stab her, and also misses. Grimhildr is fast enough to double! ...But it's a miss!

Chiara responds, "I have no love for my comrades, and no quarrel with you. I only make a show of helping them for fear that they will attack my companion while I sleep." She pets her tiger.

Asta and Vita move according to their orders!

The soldier that was fighting Grimhildr breaks away and attacks Vita! Vita is safe in the woods, so they miss!
The bandit and thief on the fronlines move up and attack Asta, both of them miss!
Jill Chapter 1 JXzJjvk
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 2:08 pm

"Any comrade that threatens violence against their others should be no comrade of yours," Ragna replied, momentarily examining the woman and her tiger. "Perhaps you talents could be of better use... Against them."

(I just noticed that the map hasn't changed since the last movement. So I will hold off on my moves until the map is updated Razz)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 10:49 am

Jill Chapter 1 ZF1kQiN
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 2:04 am

Grimhildr moves 2 right and 2 up, attacking the soldier with her lance.
Vita moves 3 down (if this isn't possible, I have an alternate movement for her).
Asta moves 1 left and attacks the thief.
Ragna moves 1 right and attacks the same thief.

(No dialogue this time, waiting on the lady to respond to Ragna.)

Jill Chapter 1 Moveme13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jill Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill Chapter 1   Jill Chapter 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jill Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K-Town Play-by-Post Board :: The Wilderness :: Fire Emblem: Fall of New Rome-
Jump to: